Here are some things I learned this morning. Some of it came to light the minute I opened my eyes. The rest took about 15 minutes. Here’s a list:
- A toilet can stop itself up in the night, even if not used and not stopped up the night before.
- Silverfish traps can disintegrate and move themselves to a completely different room
- Wet cat food that’s been in the refrigerator will explode in a microwave within 15 seconds.
- A dead mouse in a trap too long in hot weather can make your entire house smell like an outhouse.
- Songs often run through your head , over and over again, and today mine is “You Gotta Start Off Each Day With a Song, Even When Things Go Wrong.”
- When your Word program indents itself automatically and numbers lines, you sometimes cannot move your text back to the left margin.
On my recent birthday, officially making me “elderly”, my husband gave me a gorgeous rose quartz pendant that is supposed to have energy that can, among other things, make positive things happen in your life. It is now around my neck, even though it doesn’t remotely match the outfit I have on.
First thing I did when I got to the kitchen, before the exploding cat food, is make coffee. I have nearly consumed my first cup and desperately need another. It’s in the cup my daughter, Barb, gave me for my birthday and is right here beside my computer. It says: “ If I wasn’t so tired, I’d come over there and totally slap the crap out of you.” It did make me smile when I just took a minute to read it again and that’s the first smile of the day.
I’m off to the kitchen to refill this cup, so have a great day, my friends! And by the way, so many people have thought I am upset, but I actually wrote this tongue-in-cheek, thinking all of it was pretty funny, even though it’s all also true. I’m humming that song and happy. Just wanted to share some humor with all y’all.
Author of award winning fiction novel FOOTPRINTS IN THE FROST and non-fiction book WE ARE DIFFERENT NOW.